The OLC 2023 Fall season will be played on Sundays from August 28th through October 29th. We’re excited that we’ll be playing our first Fall season (second lacrosse season) at the Nebraska MultiSport Complex in La Vista, Nebraska. We’re still working out a few details (such as exact times for each age), so stay tuned for updates.
We will be forming each age group into evenly-matched teams after the first week. These teams will continue through the season. Please see below for additional detail of the sessions by age group.
- U6/Soft Stick - One hour each week focused on learning the fundamentals of lacrosse, including drills and fun games!
- 8U/10U Girls Academy - One hour each week focused on the building blocks of the game, including scrimmages.
- 8U/10U Boys - Each session will be 60 minutes with a focus on building skills.
- 12U/14U Girls - Each session will be 90 minutes with the first 45 focused on drills, and the remainder of the time playing games in a 7v7 format. Saturday October 14th the girls have matches in Des Moines, there will be no practice/game on Sunday October 15th.
- 12U/14U Boys - Each session will begin with a 45-minute skills and drills session, followed by 45 minutes of game play in a 7v7 format.
Not sure which age group your child is in? Click here for the USA Lacrosse Age Chart.
A Few Exceptions to Sunday Game Days:
- There will be NO games Labor Day weekend (September 3rd)
- October 29th will be our end of season event. For those of you familiar with the Fall OLC season, this is typically our Pumpkin Bash. We are still planning to have this event; however, it will look a little different because of the turf fields.
- Saturday October 14th the 12U/14U Girls have matches in Des Moines, there will be no practice/game on Sunday October 15th.
- As of right now OLC is planning to only have Soft Stick, 8U Boys and Girls, as well as 10U Girls play on Sunday October 22nd. (More info below)
- KC Elevate Fall Classic October 21 & 22
- OLC is planning to send teams to the KC Elevate Fall Classic Tournament in Olathe, KS on October 21st & 22nd. The 12/14U girls have played this tournament in the past, but this is the first time OLC is offering this to boys’ teams.
- We are hoping to have a 10U, 12U and 14U boys' team. If there is enough interest to send teams there will not be games in Omaha for those players that do not play in the tournament.
- Depending on the amount of interest there could be try outs for the team.
- This is an optional opportunity for players.
- If your child does play in the tournament, there will be an additional fee to help cover tournament registration fees. (amount will be determined closer to the beginning of the fall season)
- Travel, lodging, and meal expenses are the responsibility of the players’ family.
- If your player’s age bracket has a team in the tournament, there will not be games in Omaha.
- Boys/Girls - U6 (Soft Stick) $75.00
- Boys/Girls - U8, U10 - $100
- Boys/Girls - U12, U14 - $150
Uniforms: Our registration process will provide the option to purchase a new pinny for the upcoming season for $30. If you're a returning player with an OLC pinny, feel free to use that for the upcoming season. Note: Soft Stick registration fee includes the cost of a t-shirt.
Work Bond Program: Our work bond program helps to ensure we have a successful season. We request that each OLC Family donate 2 hours of time throughout the course of the season. At time of registration, you have two options to select from - pay the $100 work bond program, or choose to defer the payment until after the season. If you plan on fulfilling the 2 hours in the season, please choose to defer the payment. Once the hours are fulfilled you will receive confirmation and the deferred payment will be cancelled. We will have several opportunities to meet this request over the season, some examples include:
- Score/Time keeper—responsible for tracking the score on the flipper scoreboard and/or keeping the time for the game (coach or official can provide instructions if necessary)
- Setting/tear down Scorekeeper tables—This task involves loading up a wagon with the score/time keeper table, chairs, and additional game bins and transporting it to and/or from the field to the OLC truck in the parking lot.
- Info/Check-in Table—Check in volunteers for their work bond. Direct players and families to the correct fields. The first couple of weeks of the season help to distribute pinnies. Answer questions. There is usually a board member at this station to help answer questions as well.
- Pumpkin Bash volunteers will be needed to help set up and manage the stations through out the day. If you would like to play a more active role and be part of the Pumpkin Bash committee please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing your this Fall. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com